On-set Data Wrangler
DNEG's Virtual Production Department provides a cutting-edge service to clients and help them return film to its roots, being able to see what is being filmed as it happens, using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and more.
Virtual production is quickly becoming adopted across the industry, allowing creatives to visualize intuitively and effortlessly, using the latest on-set tools.
As a Onset Data Wrangler for our Virtual Production team, you will be working closely with our on-set specialists, supporting the film making process and ensuring our team remain dynamic, versatile and efficient. Your work will improve the overall creative experience and ensure educated decisions can be made. You will be using a variety of tools, software and hardware to deliver creative solutions on set with the Director and crew, often while the shoot is in progress.
As well as being technically proficient, you will also need to be a good communicator, highly organised and maintain a proactive approach to your work.
- Assist real-time Simulcam and LED Unit needs
- Record & capture on-set shoot data
- Provide technical support for the Real-time unit, 1st AD and Director
- Proven production experience of VFX photography and/or onset Data Wrangling, on multiple VFX projects
- Thorough understanding of capture techniques for VFX. These include Photography, Photogrammetry and Lidar scanning/processing and their use in a VFX Pipeline
- Knowledge and experience of onset Data Wrangling and using FileMakerPro.
- Comfortable working with camera & VFX crew.
- Knowledge and experience of Image Processing techniques
- 2-3 years on-set experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Data recording experience
- Experience or understanding of other areas of visual effects (Film, TV, Games)
- Prior experience as a Technical Director or similar
- Knowledge of Maya, Python or MEL
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and issue resolution
- Good understanding of Linux-based operating systems.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).