Previs at DNEG is vital for the studio to understand and best prepare the task ahead on all shows. It gives us the information we need to ensure we remain true to the telling of a story.
Our Previs artists are visual storytellers, skilled at using Maya and AfterFX to communicate creative ideas. They are flexible, detail-oriented and capable of turning out high volume on tight deadlines.
- Advanced experience in character animation in Maya.
- Knowledge of how to create and manipulate light sets to simulate cinematic film techniques.
- Strong understanding of cinematography and a keen eye for shot composition.
- Background in general 3D. Simple modelling/texturing tasks would sometimes be required.
- Experience using 2D cards to sell elaborate VFX quickly in Maya and AfterFX.
Nice to Have
- Post-vis experience
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Creative problem solver and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining high-quality results.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).