Technical Resource Manager
Job Title: Technical Resource Manager
Sitting between our Technology and Production departments, the Technical Resource Manager is relied upon heavily to forecast needs related to licensing, render farm capacity, bandwidth and disk space. Communication is key as this role is responsible for ensuring our production teams are efficiently sharing the available resources while improving workflows and practices.
Working closely as part of the Tech team, you’ll be responsible for monitoring (using and extending a variety of tools including but not limited to: collectd, ElasticSearch, in-house perl and Python scripts, sensu, graphite) and reporting any resources under the control of Tech. It’s crucial senior management are aware of those resources and when changes can be made to improve efficiency. In that spirit, the role involves regular reporting and the creation of forecasts. Experience using and extending Grafana, Kibana will be required to do so. Scripting/coding knowledge is a plus to be able to write and maintain various tools used for tasks such as auto-wrangling.
It’s imperative we find a Technical Resource Manager who will thrive on the challenge, identifying, documenting, recommending and implementing policies and best practices for monitoring and managing production resource requirements.
- In depth knowledge of the lifecycle of a VFX show
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Strong communication skills, being able to effectively interact with diverse teams
- Customer service orientated, experience supporting end users is an asset
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills whilst being able to multi-task and prioritise
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills, able to work within tight deadlines
Nice to Have:
- Leadership experience
- Analytical and data reporting skills
- Natural problem solver
- Pro-active and willing to take initiative
- Committed to achieving targets
- Deadline driven
- Team oriented and adaptable
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).