Head of Operations
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Head Operations is responsible for ensuring that priorities and objectives across multiple departments are aligned to the broader goals and vision of the business. Their responsibility is to ensure the business is appropriately scaling at a global level and that operations are harmonized to maximize productivity and profitability, in partnership with other senior leaders.
In a business where priorities and needs constantly shift, the Head- Operations provides guidance to department heads and operational leaders in our sites to ensure that decisions are always in alignment with global priorities. The role is strategically focused on organization structure, flow of information, identifying operational gaps and working towards solutions. Solutions may include process improvement, talent identification, operational excellence etc. The individual works across stakeholder groups to find solutions and delegate implementation within the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Providing leadership and performance improvement for the Operations function; fostering alignment on priorities and initiatives within the Operations team
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency, cost savings, productivity, quality improvement, and innovation by consulting with key business leaders and reviewing financial/operational reporting and insights.
- Providing regular performance updates to the Executive team.
Financial Performance Management
Creating and upholding the financial performance goals of the operations teams; developing budgets, forecasts and providing accountability on achievement
Interacting closely with the Senior management team on ongoing projects and their budget projections.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to see the bigger picture and opportunities for improvement that exist within the global network
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience
- Experience managing operations, processes and programs within a multinational context
- Is Highly Structured in thought and delivery
- Exhibits Excellent business judgement
- Hires and develops great people
- Thinks strategically, but can be top of tactical execution
- Can drive innovation and passion in the team
- Can function in a VUCA work environment
- Graduation/ Masters with at least 10 years in managing teams of 500-1000 people
- experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Played a significant role in organization decision making
- Additional training in project management and transition management is preferable
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).