Working closely with our 2D Supervisor, our Roto/Prep Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all roto and prep work in VFX production. Both the in-house team in Vancouver and artists based in our Indian studios will complete the work. Throughout each project you will set up and run meetings with the team to discuss turnover briefs, progress of work and technology used. You will continue to be the first point of contact for all Roto/Prep artists and internal supervisors from other departments and mediate between the Vancouver and Indian teams to ensure both are following best practice workflows.
Alongside this, day-to-day you will work closely with our production teams to bid work and schedule out the work that is sent off site. You’ll ensure all briefs are consistent across sites and responsible for communicating the briefs set in Vancouver to our teams in India. A huge part of this role is the review all work returned by the artists and pushing back when expectations and notes have not been met. From time to time, you will also be requested to train and mentor new additions to the team so they can continue to produce work to DNEG’s standard.
- At least 1 year experience working as a Prep Supervisor in a VFX studio
- At least 3 years experience working as a Roto/Paint/Prep/Shot finishing artist
- Diploma or certificate in visual effects or a related discipline
- Experience supervising and scheduling Roto/Prep across multiple offices
- Experience working with Nuke and Silhouette
- Experience leading an in-house and remote team
- The ability to quality check high end feature film roto and prep work
- A knowledge and interest in photograph and digital manipulation is helpful
- Artistic talent with a knowledge of composition and colour
- Critical eye for detail
- Strong communicator
- Team orientated
- Problem solver
- Good time management
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.