Since 2014 DNEG’s Feature Animation division has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated feature films. Currently in production on major animated features we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Feature Animation at DNEG: https://www.dneg.com/feature-animation/
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our brilliant animators to bring to life our next top feature animation project! Using storyboards, animatics and other visual reference, you will work with the Director, Animation Supervisor and your team to complete shots in accordance with the story.
You’ll bring the characters to life with your strong knowledge of anatomy and movements and use acting skills to communicate ideas an audience can empathises with. It’s also required that all our animators have the ability to anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues that may arise.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in CG/Feature Animation
- Thorough knowledge of Maya
- Proven experience within an animation department (Feature Animation preferred)
- Show understanding of anatomy, perspective and composition, strong drawing skills an asset
- Demonstrate knowledge of timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including the ability to accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form
- Well versed in the principles of animation
- Showreel showcasing high end CG work
- Tool development using Python or MEL
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Highly motivated
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).