Content Update Editor, Finance Performance Marketing
About Your Role:
Dotdash Meredith is seeking a Content Update Editor for its Performance Marketing Finance team, working on content for The Balance and Investopedia. We are looking for a digitally savvy editor with a passion for financial services and insurance to help readers create their best financial future. The rate for this position is $32/hour.
This is a remote, contract position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit 20-40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of personal finance, including insurance, along with demonstrated experience editing provider and product reviews, comparative ratings, and/or “best of” lists of financial services including banking products, mortgages, debt management, and loans.
About Your Contributions:
- You will research and perform revisions or updates to performance marketing content directly in our content management system as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines.
- In some cases you will use your editorial instinct to independently assess what work is necessary on a piece of performance marketing content before performing an update.
- You will fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates.
- 3-5 years of experience editing personal finance content, with an emphasis on product and provider reviews and roundups.
- Strong editorial skills and a keen sense of how to develop content that serves a targeted audience.
- Demonstrated experience in finance compliance
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.