Director of Operations, Commerce Team- Consultant
About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a Director of Operations to help streamline and optimize our eCommerce team. The ideal candidate is a self driven project manager that can bring new ideas to a thriving commerce department. This role will start as a consultant for 6-12 months.
About Your Contributions:
- Candidate should have experience as an operations manager at a digital publisher
- Expert at optimizing and streamlining workflows, solving for editorial pain points, minimizing handoffs and maximizing efficiency
- Strong project management skills with an analytical eye on details
- Excellent knowledge of digital productivity and analytics tools
- Partner with product and technology on conceiving and building internal tools
- Ideal candidate will have a strong editorial sensibility, as well as some technical expertise
- Support editorial team with data analysis using Looker and Dotdashboard
- Operational mindset to manage large-scale content initiatives and editorial launches
- Work with editors, producers and writers to establish, document, standardize and enforce editorial processes and workflows
- Collaborate with product and engineering on improvements to content management, workflow and content production analytics tools
- Partner with product lead on all projects that impact workflow and CMS end-users
- Setting up traffic and productivity reporting as needed
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.