Associate Editor, Byrdie
About Your Role
Byrdie is looking for a digital savvy editor to join our growing team. Ideally you have a focus and passion for the beauty space and will assist in driving innovation (on-site and across platforms); implementing top-level content strategy; defining and enforcing the brand’s aesthetic and voice; and improve user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Contributions
- Produce, review and copy edit articles to ensure best practices are being met
- Assess articles and write creative briefs for visual assets
- Work with the team on projects with the goal of improving content quality, such as reformatting content or assessing libraries across topics
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams from design to video to add elements that will enhance text content and help better answer readers’ questions
- Manage writer contracts and invoicing
- At least 2-3 years experience in a related role
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented, deadline focused, creative, and eager to learn
- First-rate reporting and storytelling skills with an ability to generate original ideas that strategically drive traffic
- Strong understanding of the Byrdie aesthetic and voice
- Passionate about the beauty industry, and eager to share your knowledge of it
- Able to consistently identify industry trends across the beauty industry
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.