Senior Front End Developer
About Your Role:
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical excellence, and peer collaboration. You will work on the team responsible for improving and expanding the component-based framework upon which all our verticals are based. As such, you will influence technical direction for multiple teams, and serve as the subject-matter expert for shared functionality.
About Your Contributions:
- Assess the needs of other development teams and craft solutions that can be implemented, extended, and referenced as examples.
- Review code submissions from other teams with an eye towards maintaining a high-quality shared codebase.
- Research new technologies to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Participate in conversations about the design and architecture of our web platform.
- 4+ years in a front-end web development position
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with a component-based front-end framework, particularly one with a server-side templating aspect (e.g., Apache Tiles, Vue+Nuxt, React+Next). Candidates without this should have significant experience with at least one server-side templating language (e.g., JSP, FTL, Handlebars, ERB)
- Familiarity with at least one server-side MVC framework (e.g., Spring, Django, Rails, Express)
- A desire to build tools for other developers
- Interest in designing/building a highly performant and robust web framework that is used to build websites visited by 90M+ people a month.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related technical field or foreign equivalent
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.