About Your Role
As part of our 2019 Summer Intern program, you will support the Dotdash revenue strategy team. Specifically, you’ll work across two teams -- Creative Strategy and Program Management -- that focus on monetizing Dotdash properties through marketing proposals, custom ads, and branded content programs.
The Dotdash Summer Intern Program is from June 3rd through August 9th, 40 hours a week with a competitive compensation rate. You will be based at our Dotdash Headquarters in Times Square. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work that has an impact, along with workshops in preparing you for post-college life (resume / interviewing) and some fun events throughout the summer!
About Your Contributions
- Impact the full sales cycle from helping with creative ideas, proactive pitches, and marketing proposals to assisting with executing branded content and custom digital ads
- Own the Mock Requests process start to finish -- from submitting to Design to collaborating with post-sales Program Management to assess product feasibility and maintaining the Mock Library
- Lead Performance Tracking -- regularly update performance tracking doc (2x per week) and proactively flag any issues to lead Program Manager
- Shadow Program Management on turnkey client executions, with potential to own small-scale programs soup to nuts
- Proactively conduct competitive research, providing industry insights and marketplace analysis
- Participate in internal creative brainstorms
- Provide support on lower-level investment sales proposals and additional client-facing marketing collateral including Case Studies
- Involvement in additional team initiatives and administrative support as needed
- Proven interest in digital media and marketing
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Salesforce
- Relevant academic or extracurricular background
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.