Director, Integrated Marketing, Lifestyle
About Your Role:
As the Director, Integrated Marketing for Dotdash Lifestyle brands (The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, Liquor.com, TripSavvy, Lifewire, etc.) you’ll partner closely with the Lifestyle Sales team and play an integral role in our business success. As a strategic lead in the pitch process, you understand our advertisers’ business goals and know the most effective Dotdash products to help achieve those goals. You are comfortable with data-informed storytelling and recognize the importance of simplifying the message for ultimate impact. You believe a truly ‘big idea’ is one that delivers results for clients and elevates both Dotdash and partner brands.
The ability to understand big-picture business needs, and then translate them into achievable and measurable results, is critical to success in this role. This position reports into Vice President, Revenue Strategy.
About Your Contributions:
- Partner closely with Brand Marketing, Research, Account Strategy and Design to ensure proposals epitomize our unique value proposition; provide support on client calls, as needed
- Manage all details of the pitch and proposal process; iterate on current workflows to create efficiencies
- Think beyond the RFP: Activiely develop key go-to-market stories tied to industries endemic to Lifestyle brands (food, liquor, travel, tech, personal finance)
- Serve as a creative thought leader, set up proactive brainstorms and share best in class examples
- Work closely with Program Management and Ad Innovation to ensure alignment from ideation through execution
- Function as a player/coach; lead a team of 3-4 experienced Creative Strategists and help guide their professional development
- 8+ years relevant experience at a digital publisher, with a focus in pre-sales marketing; background in Lifestyle categories a plus
- You have an excellent visual sense and are fluent in keynote, power point and adobe suite
- You have experience managing and developing direct reports
- You’re an excellent communicator, who remains poised under pressure and can tailor messages for different audiences
- You have an understanding of digital advertising standards, products, and trends; understanding of programmatic marketplace and SEO best practices a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.