Content Update Editor, Lifestyle Performance Marketing
About Your Role:
Dotdash Meredith's Performance Marketing team is looking to hire a contract Update Editor to edit and update existing articles for its lifestyle brands The Spruce, Real Simple, Byrdie, Brides, Shape, Tripsavvy, and Travel + Leisure, and more. We are looking for a digitally savvy editor with a passion for food and home, a love of editing, and helping people use services (from meal delivery, to online interior design services, to choosing hotels and tours, etc.) to create their best meal, home, and travel experiences. The rate for this position is $30/hour.
This is a remote, contract position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit 20-40 hours per week.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with fact-checkers to edit and publish updates to existing content across our suite of our home, food, and travel brands
- Editing and writing content that helps users take the next step in their purchasing process
- Savviness when learning various brand styles and guidelines
- Researching about the latest products or services to swap into articles when needed
- Have a discerning eye for issues that need a closer review from the brand’s editorial or compliance team
- Editor with 3 to 5 years experience writing and editing food, home, travel, beauty content (from online cooking classes to makeup subscription boxes, to home renovations or hotel amenities)
- You’re a self-starter and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, start-up type environment
- You’re excited to pitch in and help out as needed on side projects
- You have strong writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and how to make a reader take action
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnels
- Experience working with content management systems, such as Wordpress
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.