Social Media Editor, The Spruce
About The Role:
Dotdash is seeking a full-time social media editor to help grow the social media footprint of our home and food sites, The Spruce and The Spruce Eats.
We are looking for a savvy social media enthusiast with a passion for all things food, home and lifestyle, who is eager to help increase following and engagement of some of the biggest content sites on the web. The social media editor will work with The Spruce content team to promote our best content across our Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest pages to help increase traffic and foster brand engagement. The right candidate will be able to form and execute a strategic plan for growing the reach across various platforms through smart content curation and creative content creation, whether that’s organizing a live video or photoshoot, organizing live events, or creating compelling user polls.
About Your Contributions:
- Write and curate compelling, social-friendly content to make evergreen content work in the moment
- Mine The Spruce’s extensive site library to find articles with great social promotion potential
- Create compelling original content for Instagram to help expand the reach of the brands and establish the brands as active, engaged communities
- Build relationships with influencers and accounts with both large and small followings; facilitate content swaps, takeovers and other promotional efforts
- Partner with our category editors to adapt to ever-changing social media trends and usage patterns
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience as a social media professional / community manager for a major home, food, or DIY lifestyle media property
- Knowledgeable and passionate about food, home, and pets social content
- Expert-level proficiency with writing, editing, and curation of content on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Flipboard and any emerging social
- Experience with social media schedulers and analytics tools a plus (ex. Buffer, Sprout Social, Tailwind etc)
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.