Senior Front End Developer, Ad Dev
About Your Role:
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer, based in New York City, with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery, and peer guidance.
You will work in a collaborative Agile environment, contributing to the development of both our brand-partnership web pages, as well as the Vue+Nuxt platform that hosts them. The role involves an eye for design, the technical expertise to build products that scale and remain maintainable in others' hands, and an eagerness to collaborate closely with design and other engineering teams. Your teammates may look to you for insight around best practices, and you will be involved with setting technical direction, as well as realizing this direction in code.
About your contributions:
- Guide and share technical approaches with other developers on your team.
- Participate in conversations about the design and architecture of the platform.
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-browser and cross-device websites.
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Work with product and design to create unique experiences for our brand partnerships.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience
- Publishing or digital media experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Node.js and Express (or similar server-side Node frameworks)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues independently, and willingness to seek input from the team when stuck
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.