Technical SEO Director
About the role
As Technical SEO Director for Dotdash, you will be a key member in our Growth Team tasked with reshaping the future of publishing. Lead technical initiatives and consult with other teams in order to improve our content quality and user experience across our portfolio of 20 domains. If you have a passion for site structure, schema markup, site performance, domain migrations, site redesigns, SEO experimentation, and winning on the most competitive topics, then we want to talk to you.
The sites you will impact include:
Lifewire.com, VerywellHealth.com, TheBalance.com, TheSpruce.com, Thoughtco.com, TripSavvy.com, Investopedia.com, Byrdie.com, and MyDomaine.com
About Your Contributions
- Replatforming domain acquisitions into our best-in-class tech stack
- Identifying topics and clusters where web users are underserved with amazing content
- Mentoring Growth analysts and content strategists
- Consulting with product and tech teams to improve their roadmaps
- Creating strategies and innovative approaches to capture market share within competitive topic areas
- Developing SEO QA approaches
- Defining scaled content improvement initiatives
- Improving structured data, taxonomy, and supplemental content
- Evangelizing SEO and content quality throughout the organization through effective communication, coordination, and education
- Identifying ways we can grow our search audience
You will make a huge impact on our content quality which in turn helps millions of visitors each day solve problems or learn something new. This role reports to the SVP of Growth at Dotdash.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of SEO experience including management roles
- Exceptional leadership skills
- The hustle and critical thinking skills to drive quality improvements daily
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Mastering of a wide range of technical SEO topics
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- Be incredibly proactive! Dotdash encourages inquisitive natures, strong problem-solving skills and desire to seek and propose improvements, solutions and processes.
- Change management and influence, relationship building experience at all levels.
About UsFor more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.