Associate Content Strategist, Contract
About Your Role:
Lifewire, one of the largest and fastest growing tech sites on the web, is seeking a full-time, remote Contract Associate Content Strategist. As an Associate Content Strategist, you will work directly with the Strategy Director to assist in the creation and management of new content for the site to ensure content best practices and brand positioning with the ultimate goal of publishing the very best technology content online. Your love for and knowledge of technology along with your passion for educating others will shine in this role. This position includes assignment editor responsibilities, substantial research, and other content-related duties.
Rate: $25 per hour
Commitment: 40 hrs per week
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States*
About Your Contributions:
- Research and develop new content ideas in multiple technology topic areas
- Create and write approximately 50 content briefs weekly
- Interact and communicate with a team of remote freelance writers, including assessment and management of pitches and direct assignments
- Work closely with the editing team to ensure submitted content is of the desired scope
- Manage and complete a variety of special projects as assigned. These typically involve large amounts of independent research using multiple tools
- Assist with training of new expert freelance writers
- Additional duties as assigned, including social promotion of articles, updating existing content, and other content-related tasks, including the occasional editing of new and current content
If you love technology, can work quickly and efficiently, and are obsessed with educating consumers about technology, then you might be the person we’re looking for. That said, there are some specific things you should bring to the table:
- 5+ years’ experience writing and editing for the technology industry
- Exceptional research abilities
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, production-focused, and eager to learn
- Demonstrable ability to think outside the box
- Strong copy and line editing skills
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Deep passion for and knowledge of editorial and content in the tech space
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.