Fullstack Developer, CMS
About Your Role:
About Your Contributions:
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers, and designers to develop new features
- Participate in conversations about the design and architecture of our codebases and upcoming new builds and code refactorings
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality, with an eye for user experience
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems
- Participate in and lead knowledge-sharing sessions and attend technical conferences
- Help track and address technical debt
- Work closely with our core users and other teams to gain interesting insights
- 2+ years in a fullstack web development position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field or foreign equivalent
- Demonstrable experience with a server-side application stack
- Experience with Node.js and Express or similar server-side frameworks
- Experience working with APIs and REST-ful services
- Comfortable using Git
- Can make meaningful contributions to code reviews
- Can troubleshoot complex issues independently and seek input from the team when stuck
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.