Developmental Editor, Performance Marketing
About Your Role:
As a contract Developmental Editor on Performance Marketing, you will help take our content to the next level by improving the work of our remote editors, who update our sizable cache of existing articles to enhance the reader experience and accuracy of all of our content. You will review the work of remote contract editors, ensuring all articles meet quality standards, follow project instructions, and adhere to brand guidelines. You will also offer editors feedback and revisions to improve the overall editing process. We are looking for a remote, contract editor to work 20-40 hours per week. The rate for this position is $30/hour.
About Your Contributions:
- You will review and edit updated articles, ensuring that the editor’s work follows the specific project instructions, performance marketing and Dotdash guidelines, and puts the reader first—all while meeting Dotdash’s standard for quality content.
- You will coach newly hired editors throughout their first few projects, providing them feedback on each article they update and notes for revisions, when necessary.
- You will spot check veteran editors work to ensure they continue to meet Dotdash standards, and provide them with feedback.
- You have a strong editorial background in lifestyle, beauty, health, and/or tech with current industry knowledge. You’re always on top of new trends, and how it relates to products people purchase.
- You like to shop and recommend products to your friends and family.
- You consider yourself a visual person.
- At least 4 years of experience with online editorial content
- Able to easily adopt an established brand voice and adhere to brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- Great editor, and consider yourself “nit-picky” at times. You know the difference between an en-dash and an em-dash
- Comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently, and accurately
- Excellent communicator, and are comfortable giving feedback, whether positive or negative, to a team member
- Work well remotely
- Have an undergraduate degree
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.