Editorial Director, TripSavvy
About Your Role
As Editorial Director for TripSavvy, you will help take our travel brand to the next level with your digital savvy, enthusiasm and first-class communication and management skills. Your primary focus will be to manage content quality and improve editorial workflows and user experience. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of what makes high-quality, credible travel advice content.
About Your Contributions
- Help shape, define, and implement editorial strategy to increase audience and drive user engagement.
- Use data to identify new opportunities for the finance channel including editorial gaps, tools, content creation and more.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help drive SEO, email, and content growth strategies
- Track competitive landscape to identify trends and opportunities within the space.
- Be a self-starter who leans into their work and takes a proactive approach day-to-day.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in journalism
- 5-7 years of work experience in digital media, ideally in the travel space
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online
- Analytical skills to identify growth opportunities and measure effectiveness
- Experience working cross-functionally, specifically with product & design teams
- Experience managing editorial calendars and content operations at scale
- A strong visual and design sense
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Top-notch grammar and editing skills
- Solid understanding of current SEO best practices.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- A love for all things travel
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.