Content Compliance Specialist
About Your Role
As our Content Compliance Specialist for Dotdash Finance, you will review and monitor content on The Balance and Investopedia. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on The Balance and Investopedia to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals—anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. You will work across multiple teams to ensure we publish the most informative, accurate, and transparent information about financial products, as well as confirm any mentions of such products meet regulatory standards.
The ideal candidate has experience in content compliance, working with teams, and has a knack for executing detail-oriented projects.
About Your Contributions
- Work with editorial, product, and legal teams to ensure reader-facing financial-product information is accurate and meets regulatory guidelines
- Work with financial services providers to ensure we have access to all the information we need to deliver accurate, compliant content
- Oversee a team of freelancers with potential one direct report
- Stay up-to-date on changes in compliance protocol across multiple financial product areas (e.g., credit cards, deposit accounts, student loans, mortgages, etc.) in both domestic and foreign jurisdictions
- 4+ years of experience working in a compliance or legal role reviewing editorial or marketing content, ideally at a bank or other financial institution
- Familiarity with US and foreign consumer banking regulations (Reg D, Reg Z, Reg E, Dodd-Frank, Military Lending Act, etc.) a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills, as you will work with multiple teams (internal and external) on high-stakes projects
- Also works well independently and takes ownership in moving projects forward
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understands the need to always put the consumer first while addressing the needs of the business
- Undergraduate degree preferred
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.