Video Managing Producer
Dotdash is seeking a Video Managing Producer to join its video team. The Video Managing Producer will shift seamlessly from creative development to overseeing the many logistics of video production – from editing scripts to providing feedback on cuts, and everything in between. You will help to optimize production and be the force that guides producers, shooters, and editors to bring great ideas to life in ways that are on-brand, connect with strategy, satisfy clients, and efficiently utilize resources. We are looking for a natural team leader with an excellent eye for detail, an ability to juggle various productions at once, experience mentoring junior team members, and a creative voice.
The Dotdash video team produces hundreds of videos across many brands and categories, so this is a unique role for a passionate producer to flex creative and organizational muscle across an exciting scope of content. The Video Managing Producer will report to the VP of Video.
About Your Contributions
- Shepherd projects through all phases of production including development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery.
- Manage publishing and shoot schedules to meet output objectives and commitments; ensure video producers are on track.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from the earliest conceptual stages to ensure the best creative and production approaches are employed.
- Contribute strategic vision that delivers outstanding video on budget and on time; have ownership over the final product and be driven to do more with less.
- Source, evaluate, and build relationships with quality vendors and freelancers; juggle an ever-changing cast of writers, producers and experts.
- Review videos and give detailed feedback on edits; from the opening second to the bumper, ensure videos meet editorial and brand standards.
- Coordinate asset delivery; maintain all project documentation from budgets to contracts.
- Exceptional understanding of and experience in everything that goes into making short-form video for digital publishers, specifically videos produced for websites, social platforms, and YouTube.
- Experience overseeing productions and, both local and remote, producers in all stages of the production cycle.
- A proven ability to shift gears, wear multiple hats, and juggle many productions at various stages with minimal supervision.
- Flawless organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and master of logistics. You foresee complications, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot on the fly.
- Extensive experience reviewing videos and giving the final sign-off. You don’t miss a beat and you’re the person to catch that misspelling on the title card.
- Stellar writing skills and experience making quick metadata and script edits.
- Contemporary design/edit sensibility in terms of video pacing, music, graphics and text.
- Knowledge of web video trends and popular digital publishers.
- 6-8 years experience with at least 2 years experience producing digital-first video.