Lifestyle Assistant Editor (Contract)
About Your Role:
Dotdash is seeking an assistant editor to help us take our new lifestyle brand, The Spruce, and our content to the next level. We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things home, food, crafts, pets and gardening. The Editorial Assistant will work with The Spruce content team to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue. This role is 6 month contract role.
About Your Contributions:
- Curate and promote our best content across site landing pages.
- Review articles, recipes, image galleries, and other content to ensure best practices are being met.
- Attend product launches and other press events to keep on top of trends.
- Write timely articles and curate slideshows as needed.
- Make copy edits and other improvements to subpar content.
- Work with the team on projects with the goal of improving content quality, such as reformatting content or building articles and slideshows.
- Review and respond to reader email and escalate messages as needed.
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a related role
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented, deadline focused, and eager to learn.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.