Archival Photo Editor, ThoughtCo
ThoughtCo is looking for a part-time (contract) photo editor with strong experience in archival research or archival production. In this engaging role, you’ll research and source images ranging from Albert Einstein’s childhood photos to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s handwritten manuscripts.
About Your Contributions:
- Determine archival image needs for new and existing articles on ThoughtCo, then dive into image databases and archives to source those images
- Ensure legal use of all images, managing permissions and licensing for archival imagery as needed
- Work within our CMS to upload images and add alt text, captions, and image credits
- Demonstrable experience in archival research and/or production
- Exceptional research skills
- Deeply familiar with historical archives and image licensing
- Strong visual sense - an eye for not only what looks good, but also what will be most useful to readers
- The mind of a fact-checker, using only the most trustworthy sources and always double-checking your work
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and impeccably organized
- Experience working within a CMS
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.