Editorial Project Coordinator, The Spruce
About Your Role: About your Contributions:
We are seeking an energetic content project coordinator to join our growing organization! This role will work with the editorial director of The Spruce, Dotdash’s lifestyle brand, to organize and implement new and exciting projects. Working in a team environment, the project coordinator will work with editors to brainstorm new content improvement projects, ensure all materials and information are present to meet project timelines, and review completed work to verify it meets project standards. The role is essential to the launching of new projects and the project coordinator must be organized and detail oriented.
- Monitor content improvement projects and coordinate with all team members involved to keep workflow on track
- Create project guidelines and materials to ensure successful execution
- Keep track of all project-related paperwork; ensure all needed materials for content update projects are current
- Track and analyze project risks and recommend improvements
- Arrange and manage team goals/project schedules/new information and keeps all material up-to-date
- Communicate timeline changes and new information to editorial teams; tracks project changes and adjust schedules as needed
- Collaborate with editors to brainstorm ways to improve site content
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, administration, or a related field
- Previous experience in an administrative, content marketing, or content management role
- Proven to pay attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive’s suite of services
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple project
- Interest in lifestyle topics like interior design, gardening, and DIY a major plus
- Able to produce quality work with strict deadlines
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.