Content Brief Writer
About Your Role
The Content Brief Writer will be assigned a variety of articles to write creative, whimsical and often technical, content briefs. The goal is to direct the illustrator to provide key concepts from our articles in meaningful and educational unique illustrations.
About Your Contributions
- Superb research and writing skills; meticulous attention to detail
- An impeccable command of the English language
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of writing for the web, including keyword optimization
- Must be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours/week to this project on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately to research, update, and improve content
- Must be willing to adopt and adhere to provided content updating guidelines/tone/style
- Improve an article's overall SEO value based on provided keyword data
- Experience writing content for a blog, magazine, or media outlet
- Past copy editing experience a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.