About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a VP, Marketing, to support our award-winning Dotdash brands. This role will work with the brands leaders and sales teams to develop impactful marketing solutions that connect with audiences, meet brand objectives, and drive revenue. Your strong leadership qualities and deep knowledge on the evolving media landscape will help influence the organization to identify insights and translate them into strategic opportunities for both the company and clients. This role reports directly to the VP, Brand Partnerships, Beauty.
About Your Contributions:
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the marketing team by creating better business outcomes to drive revenue
- Strong Idea Generator and Strong Presenter
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to leverage data, insights, and trends to draft a compelling narrative
- Innate ability to come into an organization with a palpable desire to add value to culture, team and overall collaborative spirit
- Keenly aware that working with multiple stakeholders can create opportunities for subjective criticism so you are focused on coaching the team to provide objective and productive feedback to drive business forward
- Measured confidence to challenge the status quo and be seen as someone who is thoughtful about the approach to solutions vs relying on what we have done in the past
- 12+ years of experience in the marketing field, preferably in digital publishing / media space
- Experience in effective strategic planning and collaboration with sales, design and product management
- Solid record on executing content marketing programs and other GTM incentives
- Proven leadership, management and mentorship skills
- A passion for bringing brands to life for an intent-driven audience
- Undergraduate and / or Master degree in related fields
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status