About Your Role:
You’re a great writer, with a perceptive knack for nailing brand voice. You’re a compelling storyteller, full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. As Communications Team Intern, you will gain visibility into the inner workings of an internal public relations and events department through Dotdash and across its collection of premium brands.
If you enjoy learning, thrive when presented with challenges, welcome new ideas, and are excited to gain incredible insight across all planning in a large digital tech company; we’d love to have you on board!
The Dotdash Summer Intern Program is from June 3rd through August 9th, 40 hours a week with a competitive compensation rate. You will be based at our Dotdash Headquarters in Times Square. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work that has an impact, along with workshops in preparing you for post-college life (resume / interviewing) and some fun events throughout the summer!
About Your Contributions:
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it in different phases, working to build brand recognition across Dotdash and its vertical properties
- Assist in administrative duties, including but not limited to field and database research, cold calls to vendors, updates to company media kit
- Create and manage a rich editorial calendar, awards and conferences grid, and press contact list
- Manage inventory, stock and organize marketing materials and swag closet
- Contribute weekly to company’s social media accounts
- Support team with programming and implementation of various sales events with existing and potential advertising clients; including scouting, set-up, management and breakdown
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism or related field
- Active team participant who is not afraid to contribute ideas or take ownership of tasks; must possess excellent follow through skills
- Proven interest in the digital publishing industry, keeping up with competitors’ news cycles, branding and sales marketing
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive, experience with media databases a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.