About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a highly motivated technician to join their IT Services team. The IT Services team provides advanced hardware, software, and communications support for all Dotdash offices.
The ideal candidate will be a problem solver who is familiar with Windows 10, Mac OS X, and has some Linux experience. This candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging environment with tasks that range from those typically found in a normal corporate IT department to high level tasks that might normally be found at ISPs or large data centers.
About Your Contributions:
- Create and own the maintenance procedures that ensure the proper functioning of workstations and various smart mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot issues with productivity tools, installation, and customization for Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X operating systems.
- Working within Microsoft Active Directory, to join workstations and servers to the domain, create, remove and/or editing accounts, Common Names, Domain Components and Organizational Units, in addition to deploy/configure existing GPOs
- Create, remove, and edit email accounts and distribution lists in Microsoft O365 and Gmail
- Deploy workstations for both Microsoft and Apple operating systems. Assist with laptop distribution using PXE boot.
- Anti-virus and Endpoint protection ownership and policy development.
- Administration of Microsoft and Apple print services.
- Level 1 network troubleshooting.
- Close coordination and partnership with other technology-focused Dotdash teams.
- Procurement and tracking of hardware, software, and miscellaneous office equipment.
- Ad hoc help with any needed hardware and/or software installations or migrations.
- Educate team members on software and hardware best practices and self-help. Ability to write documentation for both technical and non-technical readers.
- Familiar with major productivity applications and networking under Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
- Demonstrable experience in bringing support to increasing levels of excellence and service.
- Must be a team player who interoperates well with all levels of the office organization, from senior management to programmers to sales.
- Must be able to commit to maintaining coverage during normal business hours and occasional after business hours.
- Some knowledge of PowerShell/Visual Basic/Advanced Scripting.
- Candidate must possess basic network troubleshooting skills. These include TCP/IP fundamentals, subnetting, DNS, DHCP, Wireless, VPN and other troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Directory Sync (GCDS).
- Understanding of software deployment services (eg. JAMF and Ivanti services) for both Microsoft Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Maintain and operate a wide variety of Video TeleConference (VTC) equipment, including cameras, microphones, audio and video playback, and recording devices.
- Basic understanding of VMWare, vCenter and ESXi, VM templating, and LUN/volume management infrastructure.
- Experience with managing an Identity Provider using SAML (preferably Okta).
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA/Confluence software support
- Light Linux knowledge
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.