Manager, YouTube Channel Strategy and Optimization
About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a YouTube specialist to help build and optimize YouTube strategy for our cooking and food site, TheSpruceEats.com. We’re seeking an expert who knows the YouTube cooking and food space to revamp our existing channel and accelerate our channel growth and brand presence. You’ll partner with our video and editorial leads to develop a fresh new look for our channel, highlight essential optimizations, build a competitive programming plan, and detail actionable steps toward growing subscribers and increasing views and engagement metrics. We’re looking for someone versed in the latest YouTube ecosystem with experience working with a successful digital publisher and knowledge of digital food publishing. The Manager, Youtube Channel Strategy and Optimization, is a part-time, contract position.
About Your Contributions:
- With your deep YouTube and food media knowledge, audit our existing channel to uncover short and long-term recommendations that will improve audience engagement metrics and drive video views
- Develop a proven list of big-picture tactics and smaller-scale optimizations
- Provide expertise in all areas including: content scheduling, programming, partnerships, advertising, playlist creation, metadata (effective titling, descriptions and tags), thumbnails, and channel and community management/engagement
- Help develop an ongoing channel management plan for future growth
- Organize and analyze data to form action plans and create KPIs to measure progress
- 5 years experience in video and YouTube strategy with at least 2 years developing strategy and optimizations for a YouTube channel for a similar digital publisher or digital food media organization
- Extensive knowledge of what drives success on YouTube and an ability to turn that knowledge into a practical action plan for a digital publisher
- Holistic understanding of the many levers involved in growing a YouTube channel, from advertising to content strategy, thumbnail optimization to partnerships
- Knowledge of and experience with the online cooking and food publishing space
- Creative strategist who is driven by data; experience building actionable channel growth plans that yield results
- Experience building and managing partnerships within the YouTube ecosystem
- Strong organizational skills with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects happening at once
- Experience using VidIQ, Tubefilter, Google Analytics, and YouTube analytics to guide decisions
- Ability to partner with stakeholders across the organization
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.