VP, Sales, Investopedia
About Your Role:
For 20 years, Investopedia has educated and empowered millions of readers by helping them understand complex financial concepts, improve their investing skills and learn how to manage their money.
Investopedia is hiring a VP of Sales with a strong background and focus on finance within the advertising sales space. In this role, you would be responsible for using your category knowledge and expertise to forge new partnerships and grow existing business, while leading a dynamic team of sales professionals. You must be a motivated and passionate sales professional with management experience to lead our highly professional, deeply committed, and enthusiastic team of advertising sales representatives. They are seeking a powerful, creative, dynamic, and inspiring leader who will expand their sales expertise and will actively sell alongside them. You will be a creative thinker who can turn a client’s need into an exciting idea. You will be a visionary, understanding how digital publishing is evolving – and leading your team to sell into that evolution. You will be relentless about achieving targets, resulting in revenue and market share growth for Investopedia.
About Your Contributions:
- Represent the Investopedia brand in the financial advertising marketplace with digital industry expertise, professionalism and a point of view
- Continually educate our Sales Leaders on their clients business challenges, and work to bring the clients advertising solutions which help to solve their business challenges
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with client and agency partners across multiple levels of both organizations
- Advocate for the clients needs with Investopedia’s internal teams to ensure the work delivered to our clients has as much insight into client goals and objectives as possible. This includes responding to RFPs, working with ad sales marketing and site/product-specific sales leads, and post-campaign sales support leads to create effective and compelling sales materials, brainstorm presentations, client follow-up documents and quarterly business reviews
- Forecast, track and report sales performance with our internal tools
- Contribute to the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions and concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- A minimum of 10 years of digital media sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in breaking accounts without no prior history of spending
- Management Experience Preferred
- Experience with financial services clients strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in selling a variety of types of solutions to clients. For example, custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, and a curiosity and willingness to learn new things and share them with clients
- Working collaboratively with sales support staff internally is in your DNA
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing to travel as needed
- College degree required
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.