Updates Strategist, Lifestyle Performance Marketing
About the Role:
Dotdash Meredith's Lifestyle Group is looking for an updates strategist with strong analytical, SEO, and editorial skills to be a key contributor. In this contract, remote role, you’ll work closely with our editorial and growth teams to create content briefs for new articles and our existing body of content. We are looking for a digitally savvy strategist with a passion for food, home, and travel; a love of SEO; and passion in helping people use services (from meal delivery and online interior design services, to choosing hotels and tours, etc.) to create their best lifestyle choices. The rate for this position is $30/hour.
Updates strategists must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). Applicants must live in the United States.
About Your Contributions:
- Analyzing keywords and creating content briefs with SEO and editorial best practices in mind.
- Maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with editorial and SEO staff, and freelance writers.
- At least 4 years experience writing/editing in the home, travel, and other lifestyle spaces, preferably for a digital brand.
- Applicants should be well-versed in several of the following: decor trends, event planning, cleaning and organizing, home renovations, travel, and gardening
- Worked on SEO for a publisher or similar with a strong editorial instinct and have confidence around what makes a piece of evergreen content successful.
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP style.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to work independently and accurately.
- Able to easily adopt an established brand voice and adhere to brand and style guidelines.
- Pro at competitive research—and love doing it.
- Know your way around SEMrush and Ahrefs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.