Associate Social Media Editor, MyDomaine
About the Role:
MyDomaine is looking for a contract associate social media editor.
This socially savvy beauty and lifestyle enthusiast will help execute the day-to-day publishing of compelling content on MyDomaine’s social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Flipboard) driving brand awareness, traffic and community. Additionally, the editor will curate a cohesive social presence that embodies the unique visual/editorial voice and point of view of each site. This is a 40 hour per week, 6 month contract role.
About Your Contributions:
- Schedule and publish daily content on our Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, Twitter and Flipboard.
- Write social copy that embodies the brand voice while also driving KPIs
- Partner with editorial team to create compelling social content to support on-site content
- Collaborate with influencers and PR to coordinate takeovers and event coverage
- Conceptualize and execute coverage of live events, in-person interviews, etc.
- Source UGC to be repurposed on social channels
- Engage with our community through comments and DMs across platforms
- 2-4 years of experience working across social platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter) for a brand or publication. (A strong personal social presence is a plus.)
- Experience writing social copy that embodies a strong brand voice and drives traffic and engagement.
- Ability to accurately interpret social analytics and report to senior management
- Experience capturing and editing photos and videos for social-only use. Specifically, for Instagram and Instagram Stories during events or interviews. Adept in native Instagram editing tools, and experienced in third-party editing tools such as Photoshop, VSCO, Snapseed, etc.
- Strong understanding of the MyDomaine aesthetic and voice, as well as the social and competitive landscape for the home, and lifestyle categories
- Ability to identify social trends across the home, and lifestyle spaces
- Process- and detail-oriented; deadline-focused
- Knowledge of the home influencer space and able to identify on-brand influencers for the brand. Experience coordinating takeovers, content swaps, etc. preferred.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.