Technical Product Manager
Dotdash seeks a Technical Product Manager who will help us build a world class publishing platform that supports 750+ weekly users, enables 20,000+ monthly editorial updates, and helps drive innovation for more than 20 brands reaching more than 100 million users each month. You’ll work with a cross-disciplinary scrum team and the various platform and brand product development teams to create and execute the strategy for the publishing platform’s APIs and infrastructure.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with CTO and technical leaders to build a technical roadmap for the features and capabilities of our platform infrastructure. Examples include: building an API gateway, creating a product database, integrating a workflow engine, standardizing captured metrics, and implementing tracing across systems.
- Work with product owners across the organization to define a product roadmap for the features and capabilities of our platform.
- Conduct discovery, user research, competitive analysis, etc. to develop product requirements and inform the roadmap.
- Prioritize and drive initiatives across multiple engineering teams, acting as the the product SME from a functional perspective, showcasing, championing, and finding ways to constantly innovate.
- Understand Dotdash and vendor APIs, their usage and their impact on the platform ecosystem.
- Advocate for and empathize with the downstream developer user.
- Build for the long term, and be the defender of sustainable architecture.
- Articulate the problems and opportunities for the publishing platform as it becomes more complete and cohesive.
- Understand interfaces and services enough to write and improve technical documentation.
- Interpret and translate technical capabilities and constraints for non-technical stakeholders.
- “Platform thinking” is part of your DNA. You naturally build for scale and re-usability, always thinking ahead to the longer-term.
- 3-5 years of hands-on product management—day-to-day product ownership and ideation with scrum teams. Previous experience working with internal tools preferred.
- You’re excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products, particularly senior engineering leaders and other product owners.
- You’re able to juggle the needs of multiple technical leaders and product managers, developing strategic product plans for each of them.
- You possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your decision-making.
- You have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points.
- You’re capable of developing with a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- You’re fluent in Agile principles and methodology