IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager reporting to the manager of Senior Manager, IT Program Management, you will directly manage various size projects and/or support larger initiatives following formal project management methodologies. As part of the responsibilities of the role, you will develop relationships within the organization and technology groups to ensure projects are meeting scope, budget and timeline requirements, mitigating risks and assertively handling issues. The project manager should also have a strong business acumen in Supply Chain to consult, add value to and challenge project teams. The project manager should expect to engage with senior leaders on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, IT Program Management, this position will be responsible for ensuring the success of projects from original concept through completion.
- Align project execution plans with strategic goals of company.
- Plan large and complex ERP projects from start-to-finish utilizing combination of internal and external resources.
- Prepare project documents in accordance to Domtar standard project methodology.
- Plan and present project charter, schedule, resource plan, and budget for funding approval.
- Maintain detailed task schedule, resource assignments, requirements, and RAID log throughout life cycle of project.
- Report weekly status, update project costs and forecasts, and conduct monthly steering updates.
- Manage and control project expense not to exceed approved project budget.
- Guide and support project team throughout analysis, design, build, test, and deploy phases ensuring quality and schedule meet planned expectations.
- Collaborate with portfolio manager to plan and schedule resource availability as well as balance project demands against operational priorities.
Key Skill Sets:
- Ability to drive a projects, influence, and lead change throughout organization.
- Ability to anticipate, mitigate, and work through resistance or setbacks.
- Flexibility in managing customer expectations and adapting communication style as needed.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization (written and verbal).
- Self-sufficient, results-driven, and detail-oriented with strategic mindset.
- Analytical approach to solving problems; being
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, finance, business or similar discipline; Experience in the manufacturing industry a plus.
- Minimum 5 years ERP Project Management experience; JD Edwards and/or SAP preferred.
- Minimum two (2) full lifecycle implementation projects for back-office applications (e.g. Sales, Distribution and Accounting).
- Experience with management of large software implementation projects.
- Experience in planning, requirements definition, vendor selection, vendor statement of work, through implementation of the selected solution.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on expertise using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with process improvement and procedures.
- Proven experience managing a large project team.