Entry Level Utility
HOURS:2nd Shift (3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.) or
3rd Shift (11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.)
SALARY: The new hire rate is $15.32/hour plus $0.45/hour shift premium. After 45 days, the rate increases to $16.72/hour plus shift premium.
JOB DUTIES: Converts fine paper rolls into continuous feed computer forms, reporting to the Production Supervisor. Supports machine operators with the following responsibilities:
- Push paper rolls to press machines.
- Load paper rolls onto the machine using an overhead crane.
- Operate and clean machinery.
- Frequent use of cutting tools to remove packaging and create machine splices.
- General housekeeping.
- Focus on quality and safety at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must read, write, and understand English.
- Must have worked or been enrolled in school for 2 of the past 4 years.
- Prefer at least one year of manufacturing experience and a solid work history.
- Requires hand dexterity and attention to detail.
- Able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 20 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Must successfully complete a selection process that includes aptitude tests, board panel interview, and employment background investigation; drug-screening and a fit-for-duty test.
Domtar offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness program, 401K with company match and automatic contributions, EAP, and much more.
“Equal opportunity employer/veteran/disabled, 41 CFR 60–1.4”