E & I Maintenance Planner
E & I Maintenance Planner
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking an E & I Maintenance Planner to join our team.
Located in Espanola Ontario, Espanola is a four-season outdoor paradise providing the amenities of an urban center while opening the gateway to outdoor adventure in North-eastern Ontario.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates one pulp machine for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
We are seeking an engaged individual who is looking for an opportunity to build, contribute and advance our organization.
The successful candidate will ensure that health and safety considerations are paramount in the day-to-day execution of the job, showing by leadership to all Company employees the benefits of a healthy and safe workplace. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead change including driving improvements toward a safe work culture.
- To plan all daily and shutdown work that is performed in his area, excluding emergency work.
- To prepare the weekly E/I maintenance schedule in collaboration with the area maintenance and operations supervisors.
- Track performance and maintain accurate reports.
- Receives all work requests from requestors except emergency work.
- Uses CMMS to plan work orders including scope of work, manning, materials required, safety instructions, required permits, special tools, specifications and drawings.
- Estimate cost of work orders in terms of direct labour and materials required.
- Submits work orders for approval.
- Reserves materials from mill stores or issues requisitions to the purchasing department.
- Assigns tradesperson(s) in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Chairs weekly scheduling meetings.
- Schedules work orders based on availability of parts while maintaining required backlogs.
- Seeks assistance of trades people in the planning process.
- Prepares plans and schedules monthly area shutdowns in collaboration with the Maintenance and Operations supervisors.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders and prepares backlog reports.
- In accordance with standard practice, ensures all necessary information has been provided for close out of the work orders.
- Develops a file of standard plans for regularly recurring work.
- Maintains equipment files.
- Co-operates closely with other maintenance planners in allocation of resources and exchange of information.
- May be required to serve as relief Maintenance Supervisor if directed by the Superintendent.
- Determines and assigns categories and priorities of work orders according to predetermined guidelines.
- When scheduling work orders, must consider deadlines established by the requestor while maintaining preventive maintenance schedules. This may be directed by the Operations Maintenance Co-ordinator (OMC).
- Collaborates with Maintenance and Operations supervisors in determining when work will be scheduled.
- Schedules work based on availability of parts/materials and labour.
- Works with Maintenance and Operations supervisors to resolve conflicts.
- Position reports to the E & I Superintendent.
- College Diploma in Electrical and/or Instrumentation
- Red seal Ticket in Electrical and/or Instrumentation
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of maintenance (E/I) and engineering experience.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- The ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments/areas and individuals (internal and external).
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Results focused and detail-oriented.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background checks and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.