The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Mill Controller and support the financial operations of the Rothschild mill. As a member of the Finance team, the Financial Analyst will have responsibility for analyzing and interpreting complex financial and operational data, leading efforts to identify cost reduction opportunities, and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting for the Rothschild mill.
- Coordinate and participate in month-end close process by maintaining closing checklist, preparing financial entries, performing account reconciliations and variance analysis, and other various tasks required to ensure a timely and accurate period end close
- Partner with department leaders to provide financial data and business support to drive continuous improvement, capital project justifications, cost savings initiatives, and various ad hoc analysis to drive financial results
- Facilitate annual budget and quarterly forecasting process including fixed spending review, sales and production forecasting, labor, energy, raw materials, etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analysis
- Support internal department reporting requirements such as audit requests, tax schedules, and annual government reporting
- Identify and drive process improvements, including development of standard and ad hoc reports
- Proactively identify manufacturing cost trends that impact the business and financial results
- Maintain and support internal control framework in business areas
- Ensure SOX and GAAP compliance
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Demonstrate an above average understanding for business processes and controls across finance and related support systems
- Self-starter with the ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong business acumen along with analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Desire to drive change and manage via systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with other departments across the site and corporation
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines and driving initiatives forward
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work along with strong time management and organization skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related experience in finance or accounting. Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Above average ERP (SAP preferred) experience as well as strong excel skills
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.