Engineer, Process Control
Domtar is currently seeking a process control engineer for the Kingsport, TN Mill. This position reports to the Department Manager and provides primary support for the distributed control system (DCS) software and hardware in their assigned mill area. This position works with engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel to optimize existing and design new applications.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting of the mill’s process control system
- Control design and implementation for optimization and capital projects
- Troubleshooting support for E&I (Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance)
- Knowledge and support or safety management and environmental compliance systems
- Providing on-call, after hours & weekend coverage
- Tuning DCS control loops
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- B.S. in a Technical or Engineering field
- Two (2) years of work experience in process control
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- Five (5) years of work experience in process control
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Knowledge of ABB and Valmet control systems
- Configuring and troubleshooting communication links (OPC, Modbus, etc.)
- PI and ParcView experience
Critical Competencies for Success:
- A personal dedication to safety, including proactive support of efforts to create a culture of safety excellence
- Team player
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Good analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.