We are looking for a world class Project Engineer for our Ashdown, AR Location.
The Project Engineer’s primary focus is to deliver projects including process improvements, product upgrades, and cost savings opportunities at the site level. Delivery of projects will be driven by applying proven engineering practices, project management methodologies, and the ability to build partnerships and influence cross-functionally.
More specifically, you will:
- Responsible for the delivery and reporting of projects including product upgrades, cost saving initiatives, and process improvements affecting manufacturing lines on time and on budget.
- Development of Front-End Loading Project Packages, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Support the Mill Operations and Maintenance Teams during upset conditions and mill outages.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment delivering complex projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and vendor and consultant selection.
- Willingness to participate in the Mill Weekend Duty Rotation
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Experience with Front-End Loading (FEL) project development methodology
- Trained in analytical troubleshooting methodology.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SAP, and Microsoft Project
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
Critical Competencies for Success
- Thinks analytically and acts strategically
- In-depth project management and project delivery skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and direct cross-functional and multi-discipline projects and teams.
- Maintain effective communication between departments.
- Ensure adherence to Standards
- Team player with intent to contribute to the success of the mill
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions via evaluation of complex data.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills and is proficient in MS Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Can work extended hours and travel.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.