Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Steamfitter/Pipefitter to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- Read/interpret instructions and documentation and plan work activities accordingly
- Lay, cut, fit, thread, and install piping
- Weld piping and assemblies as necessary/required
- 5+ years of Steamfitter/Pipefitter experience within an industrial environment
- Must have a 307A Steamfitter Certificate of Qualification or equivalent
- Must have the ability to work from blueprints Isometric drawings, create weld maps and perform hydrostatic testing
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced changing environment
- Possess excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) process
- Must have certification to operate scissor lifts etc.
- High pressure or structural welding experience would be a definite asset
- Good working knowledge of computer software and applications such as Microsoft Office
- Experience with computer systems such as SAP, Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and CadDraw would be a definite asset
- Experience with erecting and dismantling scaffolds would be a definite asset
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry is a definite asset
- Experience in Fiberglass piping and installation would be an asset
- Gas Fitter and Plumber (306A) certification would be an asset
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interview, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.