Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall maintenance activities required for maintaining and ensuring the reliability for all assets in their respective area of maintenance responsibility.
- Promotes a safe working environment and safe work practices.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the execution of maintenance by their respective crew of craft employees
- Ensures work force effectiveness by minimizing the potential for delays and by setting expectations for quality and timeliness of work execution
- Keenly aware of the training needs of their individual crew members and seeks to deliver the needed training
- Participates in the effective communication between operations, engineering, reliability and maintenance
- Works in a partnership with other supervisors, team leads, maintenance coordinators and planners to improve overall maintenance performance
- Schedules weekly and daily activities for the respective crew
- Ensures work packages are available for the crew, final preparations for the work are made, visits the job site periodically and holds crew accountable for follow-up documentation
- Identifies reliability issues and acts to correct using Root Cause Analysis, and failure investigation techniques
- Supports the Preventive Maintenance/Predictive Maintenance (PM/PdM) program
- Requires a high school diploma with a two-year associate degree in a mechanical field
- 10 years’ experience in the Pulp & Paper industry
- Maintenance and Reliability training coursework would be preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.