IT Field Services Supervisor
Reporting to the Manager – IT Field Services, you will be the IT leader of the Marlboro Paper Mill support team. Working in conjunction with Domtar’s centralized support teams, you will be responsible for the support of all administrative and manufacturing desktops, networks, servers, infrastructure and applications. You will supervise the assigned local IT Technicians and coordinate other resources to support the mill.
Please note that this is not a remote position. The selected hire must work in the Bennettsville, SC facility.
More specifically, you will:
- Serve as a business liaison, building relationships at all levels of the business including Mill Leadership, HR, Finance, and production floor personnel.
- Coach and develop the onsite IT technicians. Facilitate training as needed and serve as a managerial and technical resource to support their needs in supporting the Mill.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to the Mill where IT technology can provide additional value and/or reduce costs.
- Work with Operations, Engineering, Process Control, and IT Teams to ensure simultaneous support of business requirements, technology policy, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate IT application and infrastructure projects, upgrades, and requests that affect the Mill and Mill operations. Facilitate training, testing and change management as needed.
- Coordinate incident response to restore service to mill users when interrupted. Provide follow-up analysis and recommendations on preventive measures.
- When applicable, work with Mill Management to plan, budget, manage, and provide detailed specifications for upgrades and improvements.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
- You have a four year Degree in Managing Information Technology, Business, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience (preferably within a manufacturing environment) with at least two years in a leadership capacity
- Proven understanding of IT support including: ITIL concepts and best practices, Microsoft technologies, Cisco networks and virtualization technologies.
- General knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes.
- Proven effective strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, reasoning, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, including effective influencing and coaching of peers and subordinates.
- Strong teaming skills: The ability to work with diverse teams, at multiple organizational levels, and across business functions.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Employer paid development and tuition reimbursement program
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.