Fiberline Shift Supervisor
The Domtar Plymouth Mill is searching for a Fiberline Shift Supervisor
Oversee and direct a team of Fiberline operators tasked with the manufacturing of end products. Responsible for all safety, quality, and production aspects of the shift. Role requires adept interpersonal communication skills and above average troubleshooting capabilities. Basic knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office will be utilized.
· Provides on-shift tactical leadership, to include:
· Shift decision making on rate and mill operations within operational boundaries established by Mill and Corporate leadership
· Facilitate “real time” troubleshooting efforts for the department
· Execute operating strategies
· Modify mill operations as conditions change in conjunction with appropriate leadership and on-shift resources
· Leads shift operator crews in a shift work environment
· Ensure all operators know and understand each day’s strategies
· Lead and facilitate a daily CI and/or Daily Management System meeting
· Addresses operator performance and accountability issues
· Ensure crew safety to include regularly scheduled meetings and daily discussions and interactions
· Ensure all safety incidents, including individual and equipment near miss situations are reported and thoroughly investigated
· Facilitate training and education – ensure operators are knowledgeable of their tasks and operations
· Sets and holds high work practice standards
· Exhibits a responsive attitude and seeks to make positive change
· Values and assures good housekeeping – on a daily basis
· Ensures department managers are notified during upset conditions or production disruptions
· Works a rotating shift schedule
· Works to ensure safety, cost, quality and environmental compliance is considered in daily operations
· Responsible for shift results regarding safety, quality, and production.
· Support goals set by Area Superintendent.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
· 5 years of manufacturing/production experience is required.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree required.
Preferred Education/Professional Experiences:
· Degree in a technical field is preferred
· Experience with department specific equipment is preferred.
· Exposure to CI or experience operating in an environment where CI is an integral part of the culture is desirable.
· Demonstrated leadership experience, including setting expectations, confronting substandard performance where necessary, and past accomplishments
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Good written and oral communication skills – particularly in a technical/operating environment
· Demonstrated experience safely leading teams in a collaborative manner
· You seek a role in a dynamic, continuous operating environment leading a crew of people to accomplish the business strategies
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.