Engineer, Process Control
DOMTAR- ASHDOWN, AR OPERATIONS
Posting Date: October 17, 2022
Process Control Engineer
- Understand and actively promotes safety and takes personal responsibility to seek out at-risk behaviors and conditions to positively contribute to the overall goal of zero incidents.
- Read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the area control strategies that improve mill safety, production, and reliability.
- Support the production areas in troubleshooting process issues.
- Participate in the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Lead/Participate in mill projects that require the addition or modification of existing DCS/QCS controls.
- Support after hours process control issues as required. Will also be required to participate in weekend duty coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a process control engineer role preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or commensurate experience
- Experience with ABB 800xA, Bailey Infi-90, or Emerson Provox control systems a plus.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision making and strong communication skills
- Proven leader skills, fostering positive teamwork dynamic
The Process Control Engineer is responsible for managing all process control related activities in his or her area. The Process Control Engineer provides support to operating departments to minimize cost and optimize operations. This position also supports the quality control equipment and interacts with all departments within the mill.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply at www.Domtar.com/careers.
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. This is a safety sensitive position.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.