Manager Global Customer Development
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
This role is a key member of the Walgreens/Global WBA customer team developing and maintaining the sales strategy and fiscal year plan for the assigned customer and categories. The Manager of Global Customer Development reports to the VP of Global Customer Development. The Customer Development manager will work cross-functional with Customer Management, Category and Marketing in developing and executing winning Customer Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing, Promotional and Shelving plans and tactical elements of the assigned categories’ for the execution of the Annual Operating Plan and Fiscal Year Plan. Opportunity to work closely with key internal departments with the customer Merchandising, Brand Management and Sourcing.
Additional assigned responsibilities include: analysis to track business progress, development of tactics to achieve category objectives, post- analysis of previous strategies/tactics/initiatives, collaboration with customer and Domtar marketing teams to ensure brand aligned execution and goal attainment, trade fund tracking and management.
Works with Customer Lead and Local Marketing in attainment of gross sales goal and trade budget of assigned categories, to ensures tactical adherence to Category Business Plan and trade spending strategy/markdown strategy.
Key interactions are with: Customer team, brand teams (Customer and Internal), VP Global Customer Development, Demand and Supply Planning, Finance and Category Development.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
The key responsibilities of this job are to help define trade strategies, lead retailer specific commercialization plans and provide analytical support to drive key decisions within Domtar Personal Care and with key retail partners. This position will work closely with the Product Marketing and Sales teams to deliver sales and profit results. Work with Sales to develop the annual plan reporting including revenue, volume and spend around the customer specific product and program commercialization initiatives
- Develops KPI goals by product level and tracks field performance.
- New product launch strategies, planning and activation
- National and customer specific marketing programs
- Annual promotional calendars
- Work with Customer and Sales to meet and/or exceed goals/targets in scan/CDF trade budgets
Prepare execution and performance recaps for Customer Development/Marketing for review based on total customer priorities and strategies. Work with Sales to develop product and pricing recommendations to maximize promotional ROI and revenue.
- Retailer distribution and assortment productivity opportunities
- Line review planning
- Develop gap fill promotional opportunities
- Retail transaction performance
Includes reviewing historical performance, current/future promotional plans and sales trends. Maintain reporting & analyses to track performance to plan and goal. Review and understand variances in achievement to goal. Review promotional activity weekly.
- Promotional planning and analysis
- Internal performance communication and implications
- Historical financial analysis
- Predictive results
- POS analysis and reporting
- Category analysis and performance
- Education: College Education/BS
- Specialized knowledge: Trade fund management, Nielsen (Scan & Panel)
- Skills: Expert in Excel, PowerPoint
- Abilities: Cross-functional communication, developing and communicating plans
- Experience: 5/5+ Years CPG Experience
- Education: MBA Preferred
- Specialized knowledge: Sarbens/Oxley Compliance, Walgreens Shopper Card Data Management
- Skills: Shopper Marketing
- Abilities: Leadership ability to work internally with Customer
- Professional Certification: Six Sigma
- Experience: Working on-site with a customer.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- High written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and lead cross-functionally internally and within the customer.
- Understanding how tactics will impact the overall customer plan and the ability to proactively identify solutions.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.