Process Owner - Pulp
PROCESS OWNER – PULP
* Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role. *
Primary responsibilities similar to Assistant Superintendent including promoting safety, quality improvements, new product development, process optimization, and cost reduction. Utilization of continuous improvement methodologies essential for efficient problem solving and execution of process improvements. This is a fully integrated mill with a Kraft Pulping Process with batch digesters and a three stage bleaching process.
- Be a role model for safety by promoting a safe work environment, utilizing safety management systems, and by engaging in safety initiatives
- Lead operational activities to increase engagement and ownership to increase capabilities of both hourly and salary team members
- Support high quality product standards and works to reduce product/process variability
- Provide technical assistance to the production areas
- Focus on cost optimization by initiating and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Interface with outside technical resources and suppliers to initiate cost reduction, quality enhancement and process improvement trials
- Build positive relationships with the hourly workforce and provide technical training on process improvements and process changes that impact safety, quality, costs, operations, and efficiencies
- Develop leadership skillset and take on increasing levels of supervisor responsibilities
- Provide weekend and weeknight on-call coverage for the Pulp unit on a rotating basis
- BS Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science, Chemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience.
- Process familiarity and experience (5-10 years minimum experience) which demonstrates process troubleshooting, analytical problem solving abilities, and ability to lead change with speed
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.