Sr Analyst, Finance
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller and works as part of a team to ensure financial reporting is accurate and timely. Responsible for sales accounting functions for both Pulp and Paper operation, control of fixed asset recording and reporting, and support for engineering. Other accounting activities include strategic analysis, budgeting, product costing and inventory valuation.
- Perform month end process, budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Review and conduct analysis on financial results, departmental cost and balance sheet.
- Apply Domtar’s accounting guidelines and ensure proper internal controls/compliance.
- Assist the Operations Departments with concerns and cost improvement initiatives.
- Effectively provide accurate information as requested by Corporate level or Departmental Managers.
- Liaison with corporate sales group to balance monthly sales volumes and dollars and record in proper legal entity.
- Prepare and post regular month end journal vouchers and account reconciliations.
- Prepare/circulate monthly financial reports to managers and provide support on analysis.
- Support engineering group with analysis for AR preparation.
- Record and manage fixed assets accounts.
- Review processes to ensure they follow GAAP, SOX and corporate guidelines and report deficiencies to controller.
- Prepare strategic analysis to be reviewed by the controller.
- Prepare tax forms to submit to be reviewed by controller and send to corporate.
- Post-secondary degree in Commerce specializing Accounting. A professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, corporate accounting guidelines and business principles in a manufacturing facility/environment.
- Well developed and demonstrated leadership skills with focus on safety and departmental goals.
- Proven leadership, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments and individuals (internal and external).
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Results focused and detail-oriented.
- Advanced Excel skills - working knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To apply for this opportunity – please submit your resume to the Human Resources Department at: ResumesESP@domtar.com
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.