Financial Business Analyst
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort
We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
This role compiles, maintains, and analyzes accurate information for North America’s healthcare sales teams. This job will also conduct pricing analyses for new and existing contracts; assuring healthcare meets or exceeds profit targets. This role supports the creation and maintain sales analytics dashboards and reporting tools. They work with large and diverse data sets, compile sales reports, and perform data analyses; driving sales execution. This job also works with sales operations leaders and channel teams to gather consistent and accurate information to drive strategy and execution. The role executes against routine data administration tasks, assuring that accurate information is delivered across all healthcare channels.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Organize data inputs to the pricing desk to recommend pricing decisions using the pricing analysis tool. Manage and prioritize incoming requests. Manage contract renewal analysis and tracking. Day to day management of the pricing desk function including capability to manage complex pricing analysis tools and develop a thorough understanding of existing contract profitability from over 1,100 contracts for comparison. Key liaison between the healthcare sales leadership and the accounting function responsible for collecting all respective pricing inputs/approval and maintaining all pricing approval records. Maintain and update pricing analysis models based on changes in cost inputs and assumption changes.
- Assist with business profitably analysis for potential new customers or exiting customer business. Key responsibilities will be building or updating business analysis models based on inputs either collected from other departments or required basic knowledge of our cost information. Key task include building cost models, inputting and vetting data for existing cost models, analyzing cost including freight analysis and product cost. Key liaison between the healthcare sales leadership and the accounting function responsible for collecting all respective pricing inputs/approval and maintaining all pricing approval records.
- On an ongoing basis it is key to develop the ability to perform product cost analysis for products we make using formula cards and bill of materials based on changes to raw material cost or product design changes and be able to quickly understand and communicate the impact in addition to using these inputs to accurately perform the job duties of the Pricing Desk/Business Analyst. In addition, the ability to build relationships cross functionally to gather information and quickly estimate all cost inputs including delivery charges for outsourced products.
- Develop skills to use the current infrastructure and build new dashboards inside MicroStrategy that solve the analysis needs presented from various departments across the organization. Evaluate existing business needs to continuously improve and streamline content.
- Partner with IT and BI teams as an additional checkpoint for auditing existing reports published to the organization for accuracy.
- Partner with Sales and BI as key liaison on projects concerning end user analysis. Assign healthcare channel, along with relevant attributes tied to new MSISI End Customers on a monthly basis
- Maintain customer data quality with existing MSISI dataset. Collaborate internally to analyze and test the accuracy of data sets
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and support to sales and management team
- Gather consistent and accurate information to support decision-making
- Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests from healthcare field sales representatives; building field capabilities.
- Bachelor degree and 2 plus years of experience working in financial planning or business analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Well organized, demonstrated careful attention to detail, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively in a high pressure environment with a high attention to detail, strong organizational abilities, and ability to prioritize with limited supervision
- Microsoft Access experience
- Business Intelligence dashboard experience
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with proven experience managing and summarizing wide variety of data sets.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Continuous Improvement
- Detail Oriented
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible Thinking
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.