Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, your role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar's manufacturing sites as well as for other Finance leaders.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including posting journal entries, inventory movements and running cost allocations.
- Possess ability and track-record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for all asset and liability accounts.
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including variance analysis.
- Perform as Accounting /Finance liaison for assigned mill(s) located throughout North America.
- Provide audit support (internal and external).
- Serve as resource to update and maintain major inventory standard product costs.
- Maintain finished goods product costing system.
- Coordinate with sites for actual/forecast/budget results and analysis.
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
- Some overtime will be necessary during critical times of month-end close, project delivery, etc.
Key Skill Sets:
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to understand accounting data, spreadsheets and concepts and simplify and communicate a message in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail oriented mindset
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking
- Willingness to challenge the status quo. Continuous striving to make reporting and processes more effective & efficient.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years related experience in an accounting/finance role
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience working in an ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) System experience, etc.
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- Experience within a manufacturing operations environment /processes is preferred but not required.